different types of clownfishes in one tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsa83

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so far i have ...

1 yellow tail damsel
1 striped damsel
1 blue chromis
2 yellow chromis
2 ocellaris clowns

... in my 55 gal. tank. they are all small about 2-3 inches long. i was wondering if i can put a black & white ocellaris clown in my tank. would the two types of clowns become aggressive with each other? .. if i put only one B&W clown in there would there be a greater chance of the 2 ocellaris stressing him out?

im no expert,but damsels are too big and active for a 55. i dont think 2 pairs of clowns would work,or even the 3 clowns for that matter.

ok, .. i won't put any more clowns. .. i'm trying to get small less aggressive fish. max size of a damsel is about 4-5 inches (i think) depending on which one tho...

From what i've heard you should only have a pair of clown fish in one tank..no more.And i dont know how you have 2 damel's in one tank..i had 2 java damel's and one of them actually picked on the other one until it was weak and about dead.

u realize that the clowns are damsels, right? I've got 3 yellow tails. They play nice though they are the smallest in the tank (outside the gobies)

I have 3 blue devil damsels.. Shoulda taken them back the day i got em.. They are meeeeean

Back
Top Bottom