Do Algae Blennies eat the brown hairy Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, I've had some brown stringy/hairy algae growing on my tank walls for a while (ever since my skimmer broke) but it hasn't bothered me too much. I admit I have been feeding a bit more but I will be sure to stop :) , but I wanted to ask if a algae blenny would eat this stuff. I used to have one but my tank was not prepared and sadly it died, but I always loved their personality.

and just a question on compatibility, I have a small watchman goby and a yellowhead jawfish in the tank already (40 gallon). I know there is the issue with same body type but I do not think they would meet each other considering the watchman is always with my pistol shrimp in the burrow and my jawfish has his own spot. What do you guys think about if there would be any issues? Thanks you guys

Attachments

• DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 143
francis said:
my 1 claw emerald is awol somewhere :p

Lol... Sound like my guys... But they worked the best... If u go to reefcleaners.org, u can use their identify my algae option and they'll tell u what will eat it. Just another option.

Usually if you figure out what the cause of the algae is and go from there to correct the problem it will be a better solution. Check your nitrates and phosphates.

I got rock off craigslist that looked like the Grinches long lost relatives I cleaned the rock well, and with the water changes have very little hair algae left.

Remember every tank will have algae from tine to time as it establishes itself. It usually takes a year before a tank is well established.

Oh I'm not trying to get the blenny just to combat the algae. I don't really have a problem with it and already am going to drop down on the food. the main reason it showed up is my skimmer broke and it took me about 2 weeks to get a replacement pump.

I was just wondering if the blenny would eat it, after its gone I would be feeding him algae sheets/etc no problem

Back
Top Bottom