do your clowns do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
i just bought these two clowns yesterday and the small yellow true perc usually is ether by the b/w perc or swimming around and the b/w has just been sitting in the corner not doing much this is all when the light where on so tonight i turned them of instead of turning on the moon lights and they started swimming all over the place like they dont like they light haha i dont get it

I find the oposite when I have the lights on my clowns are always swimming round but when I turn the lights off the just sit in the corner. may just be taking some time to get used to their new home tbh

One of my clowns, swims on his side at the top of the tank at some point during the night and then when the lights go on, he swims normally. First time I caught him I thought he was dying from getting roughed up by my other clown, so I isolated the "criminal" . A few nights later, I woke up middle of the night and guess what, he was swimming around on his side again, like he was doing the backstroke. I turned on the light and he acted like he was sleepwalking but started swimming normally. It is so funny! I felt bad for isolating the other fish, but now I know, it's normal for him. Clownies are fun to watch!

I personally believe that fish can "sleep swim". My picasso trigger, after waking up, usually looks confused and fuzzy-minded. He even bumps into a few rocks before gaining his wits. Id say the clown is doing that or just sleeping and his body goes a lil lopsided

new clowns

My clowns bob up and down a little by the water return when they sleep. It does look as if they are kind of swimming. I think mine were fine from the beginning. They swam around and explored and even ate the first day.

Mine swim to the top of the tank and kinda swim in place. Seems like so much activity for a rest period time. Swimming in the open and all. If I ever needed to pull them out for any reason, it sure would be easy at night. You'd think fish would want som sense of security at night. Guess not for clowns.

I got two clarkes clowns. The little one who is bout an inch sleeps at the front of th tank on the sand and my other who I have had over a year sleeps in me mushroom. It's funny. Have a look on my photos and u can see him in it. :)

Back
Top Bottom