Does anyone else love the smell of your skimmer's cup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it just me, or does anyone else take in the lovely smell of your protein skimmer's cup before you clean it?

So freah and evocative of the ocean.

Spin

I'm serious!

If it's supposed to smell gross than maybe I'm doing something wrong. Either that or I'm just used to the smell of the 'Jersey shore : )

Spin

Shure when I had a skimmer hooked up to my saltwater tank way back when that was the highlight of my day. :)

No, sorry, it makes me nauseous! I'm curious what on earth your skimmer is skimming!!! :)

Paul

I have a gag reflex anytime I get a whiff when I'm dumping mine out. Especially when I see clumps pour out of the cup.

I had to stop pouring it into the toilet, because the bathroom was starting to smell really bad.

I can tell when mine is full cause you can small it 4-5 feet away from the tank, even though its under the cabinet.

Hard core, nasty, nasty stuff.

Gee wiz!!

Who would've thought my off the wall question would have such a long life?

Seriously though, I'm wondering why some of your cups are so dreadful smelling and mine isn't.

Maybe my skimmer isn't working so well. or my bio load (2 clowns, YT, BHT) in a 120 isn't that heavy.

Spin

Back
Top Bottom