Dual reactor and sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am contemplating buying the BRS dual reactor to run carbon and GFO, but would also eventually like to have a 10 gallon sump as well for my 55 gallon. My questions is, can I have these be on the same loop or would I need separate pumps for the reactors and sump?

I tried to tie my reactors into the loop on the sump. It just didn't work. I redid everything and put it on a pump of its own. It is so much easier that way.

I just don't want to have too many hoses going in and leaving the tank... Any suggestions to combat that?

To tie it into the return pump imo would be a bad idea. Changing your reactor flow will effect you return flow and visa versa.

Will I be able to pull my aquaclear off my tank seeing as how it is only running GFO?

Benamayer said:
Will I be able to pull my aquaclear off my tank seeing as how it is only running GFO?

Yes, reactor running gfo will be all you need. Could make the aquaclear into a mini fuge but other than that i would just take it off.

Back
Top Bottom