Emerald crab aggressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeaFkiD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all I was wondering has anyone else had issues with the crab being aggressive? I have lost two fish in the last two months and when I found them gone he was eating away at them. I think he is nipping at them to stress them out then getting them while their stressed. Is it possible he is killing them off? Thank you for ur feed back

No. Emerald crabs will only clean up already dead fish. Check your parameters.

All parameters are perfect LFS tested just to be sure, how about parasites how can you tell if I have any?

Did your lfs give you numbers for those tests? I wouldn't trust "perfect" or "fine". Did you observe the test? Did they use test strips or liquid tests? Or maybe even digital for some?

You would need to observe fish for diseases.

I did watch he have me all the numbers I don't have them on hand now but it also was liquid test, I asked this cause I noticed my domino damsel top fun seemed a little frayed and started turning gray

I am unsure what the problem is. Are you sure its an emerald crab? check its claws. I think the pointed tips on claws are only on predatory crabs. Maybe hes not an emerald... just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom