Fattso

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like abdominal distension to me, not just fat. The area of roundness is too defined. Could be a parasite or worms.

If it was me, I would treat the tank with prazipro, just to be on the safe side. It's easy to use, just follow directions on the bottle. It kills a variety of worms. I used it on my reef tank a while back and it didn't hurt any corals or dusters. Hope your fish gets better!

Most LFS will carry it. My Petco doesn't, but some of the smaller LFS do. When I used it, it cost about $10 for enough for 2 treatments, which helped my fish look/act more normal.

That may be a stubby though... They don't grow as long and are more rare. We had a pair of them in my little bros tank. Look em up and see before you treat.

I've had these pair for over year now. I've seen her like this before but went away. And today her tummy isn't as big.

This is what she looks like today. (Normal)

image-425542883.jpg

No I have not got an anemone just yet. I was told I do not have the proper lighting for one. I got a bubble tip anemone month or so ago and it lasted one night. But come to find out my sg was super super high.

This is what she looks like today. (Normal)

No I have not got an anemone just yet. I was told I do not have the proper lighting for one. I got a bubble tip anemone month or so ago and it lasted one night. But come to find out my sg was super super high.

They don't need an anemone to host. Most host random things and some don't host anything at all!

The clown could have just been constipated, then.:) definitely doesn't need a nem. I have 2 nems in my reef and the clown doesn't even look at either one, and then tried to host the frogspawn! Haha. Dumb fish. :)

I have got the anemone and all u need is good times for night and day with night lights as well and all you need is good flow

What lighting schedule do you think is best? My two clowns do not like the moon light at all. The bigger one kinda bullies the smaller one.

For FOWLR, I would do 8-9 hours of light per day. The larger clown is the dominant one, it'll pick on the smaller until they establish the hierarchy, then it should get better.

I've tired 8 hours a day and I started getting brown and green stuff everywhere. Also these clowns have been together about year and a half now and they still do that. :-/

Back
Top Bottom