feeding ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qc_fishman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have 55gal fowlr that i have had for about 6 months with just some damsels, crabs and snails i recently added a yellow tang and powder brown tang that i found out should be in a bigger tank than a 55 and i'm not real sure how to feed everything.

the tank has:
1 yellow tang
1 powder brown tang
4 damsels
1 scooter blenny
1 percula clown
15 hermit crabs
4 snails
1 scarlet skunk shrimp

any helpful advice on feeding or anything anyone sees concern about please help.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a lot of fish for a 55G. You will find the tangs won't be happy for long in your tank. Is there any chance you can take them back to the LFS? They should be housed in at least a 100 G tank. They need lots of swimming room.

Welcome to AA ... :smilecolros::band::BIG:

Please return the tangs or find them a good home. They will need some vegi matter e.g. nori in their diet. Nori is the seaweed wrap used for sushi. You can get it in almost any Asian market or some grocery stores. You can also get it at the lfs.

What else are you feeding?

i have been feeding omega 1 marine flakes and brine shrimp.
my lfs said that was all i needed for my damsels and percula clown
i have been researching stuff lately and realize i need to feed more of a variety
i have read about supplements also but don't really know anything about them. :confused:

my tangs are small right now and i am looking to increase my tank size in the
near future.

Back
Top Bottom