Filtered Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toddwess

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody out there know if it is okay to use store bought filtered water (like Deer Park or AquaFina) to re-suppy the tank with water during bi-monthly water changes?? It is just natural spring water - no additives.

I ask, because I can get Deer Park water in 5 gallon drums for about a dollar.

Thanks,
Todd

Do you know whats in the deer park water?

I dont so I am curious.

I know some bottled water places run their water thru a filter and then add stuff back in to the water to enhance its 'taste'.

Some other bottled water places do very little to their water other than run it thru a carbon filter.

So if you could find out what is in the deer park water that would be good. Im not sure how one would find out.

I personally use RO water from a RO filter i have. This keeps me from having to lug buckets/jugs of water home every week.

Is this for a reef tank or a FOWLR or a FO tank? I would say the water is fine for a FO tank, but I wouldn't use it on a FOWLR or a Reef ;) That water appears to have a fair amount of dissolved solids which could lead to unwanted algae growth under the higher intensity lights ;)

disolved solids are baisly like disolved hard metals and other items that are suspended in the water.

Most often these particles are EXTREMLY small and can only be removed with very fine filtration membranes like a RO membrane.

Back
Top Bottom