Fish compatabilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is for my 120 Gal FOWLR (will be Reef in 6mos - 1 year) tank. It is 72"x18"x20"

I was wanting (eventually, I know not all at once, or even in the first month or so) 2 Pacific Blue Tang, 2 Firefish Gobies, 2 Purple Firefish Gobies, 2 True Percula Clowns, 1 Royal Gramma, and a Neon Blue Goby.

So, the questions. Will 2 tangs get along, and will they even have enough room in my tank? I'd be more than happy with one, but I have seen them in schools, so I was wondering if a pal would be alright. Will the Neon Blue goby get along with the other gobies? Should I add the clowns first or last (I've been told they can set up a territory)? Are there any other glaring mistakes or incompatiblities? Is it way too much for a 120? TIA for any and all suggestions/answers. :)

The pacific blue can be kept in groups when they are juveniles but will eventually quarrel when they are adults. Other than that they get along with tankmates very well. You will have enough room when they are juveniles but will eventually need more room when they mature.

Note: Pacific Blue are very susceptible to ich and other skin parasites, and very susceptible to lateral line and fin erosion (like many surgeonfish).

The neon goby will fight with other gobies. So I have been told.

The Fire and purple gobies also known as dartfish can only be kept together if a male/female pair is obtained other than that they will fight to the death.

Imo it really doesn't matter when you put the clownfish in. But it just depends on the individual fish's personality. All the percula clownfish I have kept where very passive. Tank raised percula are to be less aggressive and more hardy than wild caught.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom