Fish Compatabilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i also have the same question.
I recently bought a Fiji Damsel, and a orange tail damsel.
The Fiji damsel nearly ripped the orange tail to shred in just 1 day.

I am about to take them back to the shop, can anybody give me some advice?

I would like to keep 2 fiji damsel, 1 lemonpeel dwarf angel, and 4 green chromis ..

are these compatible tank mates ? my tank is about 100 litres.

Post seperated for better responses... 8)

If the Fiji damsel is blue with a black spot near the tail then it is called a blue "devil" damsel and for good reason. They are increadibley miserable fish and quite aggressive. Not the best sort of fish for anything other than an aggressive FO or FOWLR setting IMO.

If anything I would suggest nixing the Fiji's and sticking with the chromis. I would aslo urge caution on a dwarf angel in a 26 gal tank. They will still get upwards of 4" and may not do well in a smaller set up. You may want to opt for a pigmy instead, just be mindful they will both nip corals.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for your advice !!

The Fiji Damsel has yellow belly and yellow tail and yellow dorsal fin
with blue in the middle. no dot.

The Orange tail does have a black dot in the back corner.
all blue with orange tail. (which is now in shreds).

So I think now i might go for blue & green chromis.

What sort of pygmy angels are there? i really want a docile yellow fish.

This is the monster I was refering to: Fiji Blue Devil Damsel.
marinedepotlive_1750_10871795

The smaller yellowtail damsel in the second pic is actually one of the less aggressive of the species but can hold it's own usually against other aggressors.

As far as "pygmy" angels go, they are the same species as dwarfs but do not usually get quite as large. They will often go by the name "cherub" angel as well. Both terms are more "slang" names than actual species names. I am not that familiar with the species to know if there is a yellow one other than the dwarf lemonpeel or heraldi.

Cheers
Steve

I have two of the Figi Blue Devil Damsels and I'm looking for a new home for them. They are very aggressive!

Back
Top Bottom