fish kill.. HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We need a lot more info if this is about a specific kill. Off the top of my head: starvation, stress from too small of a tank or too many predators, mantis shrimp, bigger fish, salinity, temperature, other parameters like phosphates, carpet anemones, falling rocks, unsecured powerheads, knives....

Acclimation (improper), over crowding, stress (being bullied), rapid temperature or SG changes, cyanide capture, chemicals in the tank, lack of food, old age and MFD.

I'm sure there are more, but without a history of the tank, and fish it comes down to MFD (mysterious fish death/disappearance).

I had...two clowns, 4 small chromis, 1 butterfly, 1 hawkfish, a scooter blennie, 1 watchman goby in a 50 gal. tank. We feed a small amt. of thawed shrimp in the morning and a pinch of flakes in the evening. All were healthy, eating well, swimming and they appeared content. The tank was fully cycled three months ago and 10/15% PWCs are done once a week. The only new fish was the hawkfish and he was acclimated yesterday for two hours and also, seemed fine. This morning the chromis were dead, the butterfly was dead and the hawkfish. I am testing the water constantly today and everything is 0 except 10ppm for nitrates.

On a chance has anyone sprayed anything near the tank? Also I read where the carpet cleaners use a product to dry the carpet that can actually get in the tank and wipe it out.

my father-in-laws tank crashed from carpit fresh powder he lost everything

Yes to covering the tank when cleaning the carpets. A lot of stuff gets kicked up into the air. Let it settle before uncovering the tank.

Back
Top Bottom