fish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peter101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im in need of some suggestions for fish to go with my 90 gallon fowlr, possibly later converting to reef tank
starting off i'd like to have
- 2 perc clowns
- 1 pacific blue tang
- 1 or 2 bangaii cardinals

i'd also like to have maybe a koran angel, or a dwarf if this firsh is too agressive, or too big.
how many more can I have? i'm presuming that this is not quite full yet...
suggestions are appriciated

Not sure how well the banggai will do with the regal tang as it can be quite a boisterous fish and the cardinals will do better with more docile species. The clowns and the regal would do fine though.

The koran angel is defiately out if you may be coverting to a reef later on. They are notorious coral nippers (take my word :wink: ) and would be quite desctructive. Dwarf species can be a concern as well but not as much a larger growing angels. They are a risk but some can often adapt well to a reef system and not be a concern. What species did you have in mind?

Cheers
Steve

well, im not too familiar with angels. what species would u suggest?
at my LFS that have a 125 gorgeous reef tank with regals and bangaii so i assumed this would be ok. i'd really like to have the regal, but if it will upset my community i will rule him out. what other sots of verts can i have with this combination? (my gf wants "pretty" fish) also, what inverts should I buy in excess of those that will come with my lr?

peter101 said:
well, im not too familiar with angels. what species would u suggest?
at my LFS that have a 125 gorgeous reef tank with regals and bangaii so i assumed this would be ok. i'd really like to have the regal, but if it will upset my community i will rule him out.
I was not suggesting it's impossible but rather the banggai may not be as happy as with a more docile tank mate. Tangs are very active fish, while the cardinal is not. If anything, I would opt for the regal and clowns and skip the banggai. I find the regal in my tank is a great addition and am very pleased.

what other sots of verts can i have with this combination? (my gf wants "pretty" fish) also, what inverts should I buy in excess of those that will come with my lr?
All of the above are fine but again the banggai can be a concern with smaller shrimp species and fish. They are carnivors and will prey on anything that moves and can fit in their mouth. That aside there is not really any restrictions for the more common mobile inverts you will find in the hobby as long as you research to ensure they will be reef safe. If you find something and are unsure, you can always post for additional support :wink:, Skipping the linkia is a good idea. They are not very well traveled and often acclimate poorly to captive care and should not be attepted in newer tanks.

If you are adding more rock, I would suggest doing that before any animal additions, it will be much less hassle. Dwarf angels that I have had good success with in a reef set up are flame, coral beauty and eibli. As I said though it's still a 50/50 risk on coral nipping. If possible, try getting tank raised or net caught. Many of these dwarf angel species are cyanide caught and often die within a few short weeks/months of capture.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom