Fish (or invert) Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weaver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, i have a 29 gallon tank thats currently got 3 blue chromis, and a sandsifting star. Is there anything intelligent that i can add to this? I have read up on cephalapods, but they all sound more difficult than what i can handle... any help is greatly appreciated:thanks:

Hehhe, elaborate on intelligent :)
Do you want something with personality to add to your tank?
Are you looking at making your tank "more intelligent"? IE - upgrading technology.
Are you looking at adding "smart" tank mates?

Do some research on shrimp - they always add character, colour and fascination to a tank.

a smart tankmate, ideally an octopus, but something a bit simpler...? or really anyone whos gonna have his/her own personality and be out and about...

My clownfish definitely added personality, but that's just my experience. Why not try a blenny or dottyback or basslet?

I love my Midas Blenny!!! Beautiful color AND is active. For some reason he nips at my zebra dartfish sometimes, but never anything that has caused injury. And the blenny only does that when the dartfish gets too close to his favorite cave ;)

an octopus or cuttlefish would eat everything else. your tank is too small for those anyway. i agree with sharpie. shrimp, crabs, stuff like that are always entertaining.

check out the anemone crab, they perch on rock out in the open a lot and filter feed with little fans. Awesome to watch. A wrasse will also stay active and zoom around the tank hunting pods and such

Hinds04 said:
check out the anemone crab, they perch on rock out in the open a lot and filter feed with little fans. Awesome to watch. A wrasse will also stay active and zoom around the tank hunting pods and such

These crabs are also known as "Pom-Pom" crabs because the anenomes on their claws look like pom-poms.

i think you are confusing porcelain crabs with pom pom crabs and anemone crabs.... porcelain crabs filter feed. pom pom crabs use tiny anemones as protection. and lastly, anemone crabs live in anemones.

I have all three. Usually when someone says porcelain they are referring to the blueish colored type, and the anemone crabs are the white with brown and red spots, and the pom pom or boxer crab actually has the small anemones... if you google anemone crab you will see that it is the one that I am talking about.

I see my pom pom (boxer) crab about once a month if I search at night with a red light... My anemone crab (called this because they often live in anemones) is out constanly

Back
Top Bottom