Fish stocking for my 30 gallon!(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey!
So I was thinking for my stocking list(I haven't even set up the tank or anything yet but it is never to early to plan!)
2 firefish gobies
1 watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair (hopefully my LFS has a pair!)
What other gobies? If not gobies, then what other fish?
And does it matter how many shrimp/snails/crabs I should have for a CUC?
Thank you!

Just make sure your Firefish are a mater pair, otherwise they may fight/kill eachother. What about a Clownfish? There are many different variants of the Ocellaris Clownfish, they tend to be pretty pricey though (for the special variants, regular ones are priced fairly).

As for the CUC, you don't want to have too many creatures, as they may end up fighting or starving.

I hope that this helps!

So is there any other gobies that would work? If there's not, then I will go with a clownfish!
Thanks!:)

Pretty much any goby would work..check out liveaquarias nano fish section

Nothing does ok with damsels unless they're gonna make them dinner imo lol...lb for lb they are one of the meanest, toughest aquarium fish I've seen haha

Would 2 firefish and 1 purple firefish get along?
This would be my final stocking including the purple firefish:
2 firefish
1 purple firefish
1 watchman goby with pistol shrimp
Maybe 1 clownfish? What do you think?

I think your damsels would do fine, just get a less aggresive kind such as the yellowtails, mine are as sweet as can be. AND if you could spend a little extra money, then I would SO go with a Helfrichi Firefish!

I have 3 damsels a neon goby and a large maroon clown and they get along fine. The damsels will Chase each other but no fighting. I have a BC 29

Nothing does ok with damsels unless they're gonna make them dinner imo lol...lb for lb they are one of the meanest, toughest aquarium fish I've seen haha
your not kidding.for there size they are nasty little fish

Back
Top Bottom