Flame angel wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rushopkins

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been in the tank for two days and won't eat anything. I've tried San Francisco Bay frozen mysis shrimp, omega one small marine pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, and seaweed strips. Stays hidden under rocks while the light is off and stays in the top back corners when the lights are on. I have two power heads and a aqueon HOB with a fluval 306 canister filter.
Water parameters are spot on excepts phosphate is 0.25.

Added a diamond watch goby at the same and found it on the bottom dead this evening.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-1745314387.jpg
    image-1745314387.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3241547649.jpg
    image-3241547649.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2731583430.jpg
    image-2731583430.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 74
Are there other fish? If so, how are they doing? How old is the tank? Any signs of disease?

Sometimes new fish take time. A lot of the dwarf angels I've had did not eat the first 2-4 days.

I'm not sure about the Goby without more info .

did you get both of these fish from the same store? did you inspect all of the fish in the tanks that they came out of? quarantining of new fish is essential in saltwater

Are there other fish? If so, how are they doing? How old is the tank? Any signs of disease? Sometimes new fish take time. A lot of the dwarf angels I've had did not eat the first 2-4 days. I'm not sure about the Goby without more info .
Two clown fish and two longfin cardinals. They are doing fine. They eat the mysis shrimp or pellets every other day.

The tank is two months old with 70 lbs of cured live rock. Ammonia or nitrite hasn't had a reading for two weeks and I did a 25% water change 3 days before adding the angel and goby.

75 gallon FOWLER

did you get both of these fish from the same store? did you inspect all of the fish in the tanks that they came out of? quarantining of new fish is essential in saltwater

Yes, got both of them from the same store at the same time. Floated the bag for 20 mins and 2 hour drip acclimation before adding to the tank. I saw no other fish in the entire store sick or distressed excepts one large goldfish which was in a completely independent tank at the front of the store away from the rest of the tanks.

I watched the goby sifting the sand in the store before I picked him out.

Flames can be tough...IMO dwarf angels need to be put in a tank that has been established for about 6-8 months. They need lots if live rock. My flame picked on the rocks for about a week, then it started eating freeze dried brine shrimp with the others...

Back
Top Bottom