Flow not enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 90 gallon fowlr currently cycling and a bunch of idk came from my wet dry into the DT and some is settling on the bottom. Only In certain places though. I thought my phs were in good places but maybe not they are two maxi jet 1200s 295 gph1390784460696.jpg

Are they the maxijets that are convertible from powerhead to circulation mode? If so run them in circ mode. You should get about 1200gph each.

They should have 2 different impellers and other different hardware for the two modes if they are the convertible kind.

Well then you should probably replace them or just add more powerheads. Currently you only have about 6.5x turn over. Not sure what is recommended for FOWLR but I know it's more than that.

Probably going to get a 600gph and 400gph

How? How does that not disrupt your sandbed? I have trouble with my two 295s stirring sand up lol

It's just a matter of proper placement is all. :)

I aim mine upwards a bit facing the front glass. Causes a nice chaotic flow and keeps my sandbed perfectly clean.

Are they on the side glass or the back glass

Both facing front glass or one facing front the other one facing the back

Oh okay it looks good does the flow need to specifically go to a certain point? Like to the overflow or something

Nope, I just tinker with my placement until I get nothing lingering on the sandbed without disturbing the sand. You pretty much just want constant flow in every nook and cranny of the tank. All tanks are of course different due to rockwork but just play with it til you find the sweet spot. :)

Back
Top Bottom