For Cleaning Glass, This ROCKS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CluelessInNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Id been using a glass scraper at the end of a plastic stick for months and months and my glass was STILL a mess. On a whim and after reading another post on here (thanks MELOSU!), I invested in a simple magnetic cleaner. IT WORKS GREAT! Sooo much better than the scrapers at the end of a stick which give you no leverage and really only scrape a tiny amount.
Once you scrape off the entire glass with the magentic cleaner, you do get a cloudy tank of debris, but I actually run a bio-wheel despite having LR, and it clears out pretty quickly. I also give it a few passes with a net to catch the big stuff. Within an hour or so, the glass is brand-new looking and the tank is perfectly clear! BUY ONE!

I only use the glass scraper for stubborn, corraline like stuff on the fron and side glass. I always thought the magnet was the only way to go.

You really were "clueless" on the magnet. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist the pun. :)

So is that what its called-a magnetic cleaner- I want one too.... anything that makes things easier and is not against the law is good. :)

Back
Top Bottom