Fowlr tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

300short

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,
New to this site, well actually it's my first forum ever.
I've had freshwater aquariums for over 25 years. Now it's time to have a saltwater tank. I plan on getting a 210 gallon tank and have it as a Fowlr set up. Question is? Could I put
A anemone or two in the tank as well?
I plan on having just aggressive fish, eel, lion, grouper, triggers etc. in the tank.
I was just thinking a couple live anemones would look nice as well. Fake ones just look to fake.
Thanks,
JD

You could but remember that if any of your fish brush up aside of it then they will be toast. There is a risk.

And you'll need strong reef lighting too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks,
Best bet would be to get a separate tank, and have a reef set up in that. So many dang fish I want but can't put them all together.

like stated above you can but you risk fish being stung , along with needing better lighting.

water quality would be another factor predators tend to be messy . there water quality is not always ideal for nems .

I have put rock nems in my predator tank but wound up removing them as they were not happy , I wound up putting them in my reef , as the water quality in the predator tank wasn't good enough and you could tell they weren't happy.

another choice rather than nems is you can go with macro algae , it can add color it also is a nutritious snack if any of the fish that may nip at it ,

it can be planted along the base of the rocks along with the crevices with in the rock ,

macro is one of my all time favorites

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom