Foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 tanks. I have a koran angel, niger trigger, snowflake eel, a foxface, and 4 damsels in my 93 gallon. I have a 65 gallon with a diamond goby and 2 small clowns. My angel seems to be pretty aggressive to the fox face. Could I move the foxface to the clown tank? I want to add a draggonette to the clown tank, in 6 months or so. Would they be okay together?:flowers:

The Foxface might be okay in the smaller tank, but they can usually hold their own, even in an aggressive tank. My concern would be the Koran. They are already a semi- aggressive fish, but it will eventually need a much larger tank (250g). Putting a fish like that in a smaller tank is going to cause problems. Angels can be territorial and when they are in a smaller tank, more of that tank is seen as their territory. Even if this angel is a juvenile, its in a tank half what it should be....it probably feels the whole tank is its territory. IMO, it could easily decide other fish are encroaching on its turf and start bothering them, even if you moved the Foxface.

I think your fish would be fine, I love mandarins! And fox faces!

So I think I will move the foxface for now. Maybe re home the angel at some point, unless I can talk my husband into a bigger tank, he says 3 is the limit. Ha he says all we do is make ro water.

Moved Foxface

So I moved the foxface today. I had to take out much of the live rock. They are very fast! I hope that that will help with the bio load with the big tank and the foxface will have a better chance at a peaceful life. It is hiding at the moment but I hope it will be out in the am.:hide:

Still hiding

It has been 24 hours and the foxface has not come out yet. He didn't come out to eat either, that has never happened before. I can see him, and I think he ate some seaweed off of the cilp today when no one was here. Is that normal? How long before I should be worried. There are 2 small clowns and a diamond goby in the tank, nome of them are paying him any attention.:fish2:

I've had a lot of fish that took days to come out of hiding after being introduced into a tank. Keeping lights off for a while should help. Keep leaving food out and it should eat. The Foxface I had spent most of its time hiding. Unfortunately it died after about a month. Think it was not healthy when I got it though.

Back
Top Bottom