Fuzzy dwarf lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khmer86

Aquarium Advice Regular
Quick question guys. I'm thinking and interested in getting a fuzzy dwarf lionfish for a while now but concern about my current livestock. Currently I have purple tang and foxface with some cerith snails, hermit crabs, one blood shrimp and two cleaner shrimp. Will my livestock be ok or will the dwarf lionfish will have a costly meal? Also I have roughly around 75-8llbs of live rocks in my 75g with 29g sump.

In general, lionfish will eat whatever can fit in their mouth. It shouldn't go after the foxface since it has its own poison defenses. I've seen lionfish go after tangs from time to time, but not eat them. It's still going to be hit or miss.

The 75g is a bit small for a foxface or purple tang tbh. They need a 125g, 6' tank IME.

Thanks for the info but the purple tang I got it from my dad since he no longer want to keep saltwater but I'm waiting on my friend to finish setting up his reef tank and the tang will be happy going to a bigger home. I talked to my lfs he said it should be fine as long as it got swimming space and watch what fish I plan to stock up. I'm just worried about my inverts, mainly about the shrimp

Correction: I was referring to my foxface when the lfs guy said it should be fine and also live aquaria recommends at least 70 gallons on their website and that's what made my final decision to getting foxface and he seems happy right now and healthy

Correction: I was referring to my foxface when the lfs guy said it should be fine and also live aquaria recommends at least 70 gallons on their website and that's what made my final decision to getting foxface and he seems happy right now and healthy

Ah I'm sorry. For some reason I thought you mentioned you have a Foxface Lo. You must have one of the smaller foxfaces. :)

Yes the one spot foxface. But I've been doing some research on it and most say dwarf lionfish wouldn't eat cleaner shrimp. It's a hard decision because I been eyeballing lionfish for a while lol

image-2616641335.jpg

Here's a front view of how my setup are. I may end up doing another aquascaping tomorrow but I'm not sure how I want it to be. And I hope with that much amount of liverocks will be suitable for dwarf lionfish

Back
Top Bottom