Garibaldi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish madness

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone currently house or have this species. Been wanting to upgrade the size of my tank and want to possibly get this fish.

Yeah but I was gonna house with fish that can handle there own. Such as a blue face angel or perhaps an emperor angel. Any tips or advice on them would be great.

I dont even know where you would get one, I have never see one by me (south Florida). It would have to be a very big tank too. They are big guys...maybe an Achilles tang or puffer too...depending on what size tank. They are all big predator fish...maybe a lion?? Sting ray??? Just saying...

They are big, strong, and fearless. Other big strong fish would be a must and they are expensive

Lol yeah i seen one at my lfs in ca. My friends own the store so was gonna have them order me one. I'm thinking bout getten a 125 to 250. Opinions would be great on the tank size and decor.

And because my friend owns the store I get whole sale prices. He said about 50 to 60 he could get me one. Which to me ain't too bad.

Fish only tank? And which 250gl are you looking at, the 8ft or 5ft? I'd go 250 either way

Not sure sonny things to think bout. Which is better? The 8ft or the 5 ft. How tall are they too?

How tall is the 8ft compared to the 5ft one and can a standard house be ok with a tank of this size meaning would u have to re enforce the flooring or anything like that?

They are 8'x2'x25"or 5'x30"x30". Each one has it's advantages but if u want a reef eventually 8ft is way more to light however there is almost no fish you couldn't keep without fear of it getting too big.

Yeah I don't want a reef that big. Just a fish only tank of that size. Hmm def will look into the 8ft one.

Fish madness said:
How tall is the 8ft compared to the 5ft one and can a standard house be ok with a tank of this size meaning would u have to re enforce the flooring or anything like that?

All depends on your house. Figure 250 x 8 = 2,000 lbs plus sand and rock. So figure around 2,800lbs just to cover all variables.

Wait are you guys talking about the big orange fish that is protected in the state of california?

I was scuba diving with them and i dont know where you live, but its illegal to kill them where i live.

Those fish get huge.... I swam with one the size of a basketball. They should not be in aquariums in my opinion. If you dont have a 500 gallon tank i wouldnt even consider it, you have to see how big they get.

I live in ca and when they get that big then I would re home. I just like the experience and saying yeah I ha that an this is my opinion. Lol. So prob doin a 250 like mr d and myself were talking about.

You live in california?? Then as far as i know its illegal.

Either way... Some fish should just stay in the ocean, and this fish is definitly one of them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom