getting back on the saddle after about 10 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jezzer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello every one. I want to get in the aw game with a 125g pre drilled tank. I have a adhi 45 wet dry a sky a protein skimmer and some power beards. I plan on using live sand and fake coral inserts instead of live rocks, wife's. Choice. How many fish can I realistically keep. Also I. Suggestions and comments about my set up would very helpful.

I can't wAit to get started

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, I'm sure you wife will enjoy the fake coral inserts...but it isn't something that I would want to do. We normally use 1-1.5lbs of rock in our tanks so we can have as much room for beneficial bacteria to grow on for our nitrate cycle. This can be resolved with the wet/dry you have in your sump, but make sure you are cleaning the bioballs weekly so gunk doesn't build up on them and become a nitrate factory, rather than solution. Simply rinsing them off in old tank water during water changes should do.
In terms of how many fish, well that depends on the tank and what you are planning on doing with the tank. I'm sure there are some FOWLR guys that will chime in to help.

I agree with the fake coral. Would replacing the bio balls with LR be better? Thanks for your help. I am so glad I found this place

Well I sold my take hot an offer I could not refuse. I am now looking at the Red Sea max s 650. What do you guys think of this set up?

I hate auto correct....

I meant sold my tank since I got an offer for it that I could not refuse??

Is that the big all ready to go setup they sell? My take on them is cramped underneath and not a lot of room to make changes...and the skimmer needs upgraded, but no room to do so.

I was looking at videos of the tank on YouTube and did not realize how cramp it is underneath the tank in the stand. Back to the drawing board. I know sea clear has a 180g pre drilled reef ready. I am going to look into that.

Back
Top Bottom