Getting started in Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt0369

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any good LFS out here? Recently moved from California. Had a 29 with Africans and I am now in the process of collecting all the equiptment for my new 55. :D

I would appreciate some advice on another topic, I might be moving again in a few months...just 60 miles or so and as well in another three years back to California. Should I wait until I am settled to set up a SW tank? Or is this something to start small and learn so I can get a 100 or so gallons when I return to California? Someday I want the full reef with fish and everything totally that is self supportive. Understanding that I am new to SW is this realistic to start now and move in three years?

Thanks for the help. Matt

Oh and I have a fluval 204 left over from my 29. What else is needed for your basic fowlr tank?

Welcome to AA! You have found a great site to help you in your planning. For me, three years is a long time to go wothout an aquarium so I would go ahead and start one. Moving it will be a pain though. For a FOWLR your set-up sounds fine. You will want to add a protien skimmer and perhaps some good lighting down the road.

Back
Top Bottom