Gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!
Well, I have a 30 gallon tank, and I really want to turn it into a FOWLR tank. Do I need a protein skimmer? What one do you recommend? And what kind of powerhead(s)?
Anyways, I really like gobies and I was wondering if I could fit a golden head sleeper goby into a 30 gallon tank? I really love those! If not, what other kind of gobies?
Please give me a list of gobies that can go together for this size tank!
I like the following gobies: yellow watchman goby,catalina goby, firefish goby, green mandarin goby, purple firefish goby, neon goby, and the rose goby.
How many inches of sand in the bottom?
I just want a goby only tank, if that is possible...
Thank you so much!:)

This will answer alot of your goby questions.
Gobies for Sale: Goby Fish Species Including Shrimp Gobies

It shouldn't be necessary to have a skimmer for FOWLR. I won't comment on powerheads as I have never done FOWLR and I'm sure the flow needed is less than with some of my corals.

I have an inch deep sandbed with my watchman goby. Make sure your rock is settled on the bottom or some other support. I rested my rocks on the sand and my entire aquascape shifted as the goby dug. This would have been a huge problem from breaking glass to killing your fish/inverts.

Secondly, the catalina goby is a colder water goby. It might be able to take a warmer tank, but it wouldn't live very long.

And reading the name mandarin... just take it off your list unless you have future plans of having a fuge that can produce lots of pods.

Back
Top Bottom