Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark the fence

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have just introduced a orange spotted goby he's doing a great job but also making the water very messy! I've done 2 water changes since I introduced him and all tests reading good will he clam down or will he make my water messy forever. I'm running a 150lt nek5 skimmer pellet reactor and live rock sump.

how big is your tank and what's your definition of "messy"? i have a goby that stirs up stuffs from the sand all the time but the water is still crystal clear and i don't even have a sump. could it be a general maintenance issue with the tank (ie too much detritus)?

It's 120lt +about 40lt sump I'm new to marine keeping but the water all tests fine for nitrate nitrite the ammonia is showing .25 ppm and ph is fine how to I test for dittritus? Just seems a lot of small particles have read a lot on line and hopefully it will all settle down in a few days thanks for the reply.

Could be just kickin up the sand, is your tank cycled tho? You are showing ammonia which is no good for fish - I would be doing some water changes to bring that down. Also, you can't test for poo (detritus) but over feeding can cause excess nutrients (poo) !

I probably am over feeding a bit the tank is fully cycled and been running for 18mts it was moved about 3 mts ago and went through a small cycle lots of red slime alge but that's almost all gone now and touch wood have lost no fish. Will try feeding less thanks.

Back
Top Bottom