Goby Losing Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a yellow goby that seems healthy enough but he is becoming less and less yellow. Some times he seems transparent. Other fish in the tank are fine. What do you think?

This can be normal they lose color at nite or when stressed or just blending in .... read here this was touched on a while back
goby color

Does this apply to all fish? I noticed some of mine will fade color, then the next day they are bright again!?

yes it can apply to all fish so long as they are eating and acting normal I would not overly worry about it :mrgreen:

1. What are you feeding? Sometimes a lack of variety, of food, can cause this.
2. All of may damsels change colors, depending on mood.
3. I had a blenny that changed colors.
4. About the only fish I have kept, that I never seen change colors was my yellow striped maroon.
I agree with Sadie, lots of fish will change color with moods or at night time.

It happens alot IME. I have a black sailfin blenny and he changes color all the time. Nature has allowed certain fish to do this for various reasons.

Like others said, I would not worry about it. Some fish have limited abilities to change color via evolution and even some others change color as they mature and there is even more color variation between the sexes. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom