Goby's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am under the impression that you need to introduce goby's at the same time to a tank so they will get along. Does this apply to adding different types of gobies? For example, I have a clown goby, can I add an engineer goby, etc? Or since I already have a clown, can I not add any more gobies whatsoever? Thanks!

It depends what they look like. I would try and avoid getting 2 gobys that look alike because then they will fight. Im pretty sure they dont have to be introduced at the same time if you do it right.

Ok, so what about doing pairs of the same kind at the same time with an existing one? Assuming they look entirely different?

Example: I have a clown goby currently. If I added 2 of the same kind of goby (looking completely different than the clown, at the same time), would there be an issue with the already present clown? I don't want the new ones to pick on the clown...

I could see the pair teaming up and hurting the clown goby, but im not sure how likely that is! Sorry, i think its trial and error here :/

Ok no problem... Maybe if I add gobies I'll just make sure they all look completely different!

Back
Top Bottom