Gold Banded Maroon Clownfish goes with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marquesalan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a mature maroon clownfish. It is aggressive. What other fish are compatible with it? Right now, I have a yellow tang and a percula butterfly. They are both good size and they all get along. My blue hippo tang died but I am not sure if they clownfish attacked it or not.

How big is your tank and how old is it ?
Maroons are agressive but I would think that the hippo could stand its own ground . How big was your blue hippo ?

IMO the hippo tang is an ick magnet. Maybe you`d be better with a yellow eyed Kole tang. As Sadie asked though what size tank is this?

Tank Size

I have a 72 gallon tank with 1 yellow tang, 1 Double Saddleback Butterfly and a Six Line Wrasse. The maroon clown is about 4 inches long. This is my second blue hippo tang. Maybe it died because of stress and the new tank but the maroon killed my coral beauty. Can I get a Bi-Color Angel? I just wanted a blue fish. Or 3 yellow tailed damsels? Flamehawk? I don't want any more yellow fish. Another wrasse? Thanks!

Wrasses jump check sumps and around the tank for a fish or look for a smiling cat :)

Back
Top Bottom