Got it all set up now the wait begins!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389852254.824649.jpg got my live sand live rock and silicone corals 2 weeks from now shrimp and crabs get to dive on in so excited!! So... What does everybody think?

Fight with each other and give problems sorry haha

What size is the tank and how much is in there? You want 1 lb to 1 and a half pounds per gallon. Sand looks fine

I also just started up saltwater. The sand and rock wont fight and will help you cycle as far as i know. you need 1-1.5 lbs of rock per gallon. Also depending on your tank size, and filter gph, i dont see any circulation pump or power head.

Not if they will fight but like will they not function with each oth... Never mind no I wasn't asking if they actually fought no and I will be getting a power head this weekend for sure and a LFS water test there's already algae in my rocks in the matter of 4 days.

Live sand and rock are natural together don't worry, I don't know what you having gobies has to do with anything really, but you need more rocks for the bb to grow on and stuff. It also looks gorgeous if you can build some nice rock forms !

Ya ok no gobies need lots of open sand or so I am told I'll get some more this weekend then

Ya ok no gobies need lots of open sand or so I am told I'll get some more this weekend then

Most gobies make a burrow underneath the rock so they really don't need much open sandbed. Only the sand sifting ones like diamonds need a huge sandbed with lots of life. Even then a lot of rock isn't going to hinder them.

Bribo12 has also suggested more rock too but I think the silicone corals in my veiw look pretty cool too

More live rock, make sure it's "dug in" close to the bottom of the aquarium so it doesn't fall over if your new critters start moving the substrate. Get some lighter weight, crazy shaped LR for more surface area. Smell it before you buy it, don't buy funky LR!

more live rock definitely.... gobies do need areas to sand sift although if you were to tower up the live rock then theres still plenty of room for the gobies to sift.. but then again you shouldn't rely on gobies just eating up debris in the sand. you should train em to eat frozen food.... like brine, Mysis shrimp etc

Oh I know about the gobies I've already bought some mysis shrimp and as far as the live rock I will get some more and will make sure to smell it haha

Back
Top Bottom