Green Chromis or Fire Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well we are trying to decide what the last (or second to last...) fish is, and these are two possibilities.....? any ideas?
Thanks

I'd go with firefish, which are more "hover-like" than swimmers like Chromis, not to mention they are attractive and should get along well with your current list.

I agree, I really love firefish. Chromis sometimes have poor survival rates and sometimes you get some that last a long time but they are a nice schooling fish. For one fish I think firefish are a nice colorful additon.

Make sure you have the top sealed though fwiw.

I have 5 green chromis and they seem to do OK. Are you talking about a school of them or just 1. But if you want a nice colorful fish go with the firefish that the others nominated.

firefish are beautiful i did have one i'm thinking i might have to get another now.

i've had plenty of chromis but haven't really had much luck with them i have always liked to keep two at a time but one would die and that one would be right for 6 months then when i added another the older one would die so i think i give up on chromis.

They seem to do better in odd multiples 1,3,5,7. They are a schooling fish and do better in schools. I`ve had my 5 for a couple yrs now. I`m only showing you this tank pic so you can see the chromis. If you look right in the middle you`ll see them. They stay together like that all day long.

Attachments

• 100_0304_203.jpg
    100_0304_203.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 51
I have chromis, and they do great. They look neat in the light, and they are really cool together when they swim. But I agree, if you are talking about just 1 fish, get the firefish.

I found another pic of my chomis while they are schooling

Attachments

• 100_0308_520.jpg
    100_0308_520.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom