Green Chromis QT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyHooligan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd like to pick up 3-4 for my 90g FOWLER.
Question is,
Will they be okay for a week or two in a 10g QT?
I just moved a Midas Blenny from the QT to the display tank so I know the bacteria is doing it's thing...but that was only one fish. My main concern is bio-load.

I do have a 35g tank available, but it has no hood or lighting and I only have a small HOB filter for the 10g and a couple 50w heaters. Could that be a better option?

Well, if you are just going to quarantine for no more than 2 weeks you might as well not qt. I never see the point of just keeping a fish in Holding, but meh. The 10g could suffice and depends on the size of the Chromis. Ultimately you would be better off with the 35g (a 20g would more than suffice) and the hob w/heaters from your 10g. As for a top, use eggcrate.

I kept 3x chromis in a cycled 10g quarantine tank for 4-5 weeks (hint, hint) and had a *slight* issue with ammonia for the first week. Daily water changes kept the ammonia levels down to just barely measurable with my kit, but after a week things seemed to level out the ammonia was not detectable. All 3 survived just fine, and are still happy campers in my display.

Chromis' OMG they have gotta be the toughest little buggers in the ocean. My chromis survived an ich related tank crash without a scratch. I've never seen a Chromis that has had a disease. lol I love the little guys.

im gettin a 180gal this sat, im up grading from a 120gal, i want to start a school of them how many should i get

Back
Top Bottom