Green Hair Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremy arsement

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some remedies for an uncontrollabe GHA population. Phosphates are nill, nitrates are coming down, at about 10 ppm right now. Any thoughts?

Try to get the nitrates as low as possible. Shorten time lights are on, lessen feeding, and physically remove as much as possible prior to you doing your pwc so that anything kicked up and floating around will get cleaned up as well. If you can remove any rock it is growing on, do so and scrub it off with hit water.

getting your nitrates under control is always the best option, but i know for a fact that mexican turbo snails devour GHA like crazy, I had a outbreak of GHA, and the way i got rid of it is manually removing it, and getting a turbo snail to finish the job

What should nitrates be in a fowlr tank? Mine are around 40. Have had fish in mine for about a week with 12 hours of light And already starting to get scum on the glass and rock

ideally you want it as close to zero as possible so always strive for that, but id say around 5.0 pmm is "safe"

regular water changes with zero tds water, having a good protein skimmer, media reactors help also, i do a 20% water change a week, but u can get away with 20% every two weeks

Back
Top Bottom