Green spotted puffer acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

car_leen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought 2 baby green spotted puffer fish from Walmart. They're probably just about an inch. I know that they're in fresh water while at Walmart. I was just wondering how do I acclimate them to our salt water tank? I bought them in hopes of saving them from the terrible walmart tank, but now am completely stumped. Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398748688.176925.jpg

I know they can be converted to saltwater but im pretty sure they thrive in brackish water. I know you have to acclimate them very very slowly to different salinities. I dont know the specifics of it though.

They're brackish until they hit adulthood, then they're full marine. They can adjust to full marine. Do an extremely slow drip acclimation on them

I transitioned mine with a slow drip over about four hours from freshwater to full marine when they were about two inches long

Did you acclimate them yet?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes I did thank you all for your replies. They're doing great & look greener then ever!

I would think that longer than a few hours to go from brackish to full salt would be necessary. I've always taken several days to bring my Hyposalinity treated fish back up to normal salinity.

Back
Top Bottom