heater exploded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
im getting a refund but im wondering what happened to my water from this happening and what to do.new filters for one but what about the little pieces of plastic in the sand

Put more food in at once that way there's more than the other fish can eat and maybe he will get some.

i got most of it out and plan on doing a water change after the two months are over for what ever killed my fish,the ich or velvet.i wasnt home when it exploded and im not sure if i would have had fish in there if they would of got shocked or not.didnt blow a fuse or anything.im just glad it was fishless cause that gets pricey

It is very important to get an appropriately sized heater for your tank. Also that you unplug it if the water level is going to be below it. The most efficient way to mount it is horizontal in an area with good water flow.

These things can help avoid a failure.

ok thanks im going to get a titanium one for 40.00

Oh yeah also mount at the bottom.bc the hot water will rise and the colder more dense water will sink.
Some people prefer to use two on either side of the tank.

I had a heater fail and it killed all of my fish except for one cory cat i still have so you got lucky!

Back
Top Bottom