Heater issues in FO 46 gallon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phiberop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I apparently have a junk heater. I need to get a new one for my 46 gallon FO tank. I cannot keep a steady temp with this one. Could someone please let me know what they are using and some out there that are good at maintaining a steady temp.

Also would it be safe to have a Keyhole angel and a lemon peel angel in the same FO?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the angels...never kept either one.
The best heater you can get IMO is the Won Pro Heat or Pro Heat II. I have switched all my maintenance customers over to these units as well as my tanks here. They are dead on all the time.

Logan, is that the one that has the element in the tank but the controller outside of the tank?

won pro is difinately good, I have marineland visitherm and its been doing great in the last 6 months. Others that are good are Ebo-jager, and for some reason I can't think of the others.. but the ones listed by Logan and I are probably best.

I like the visitherm ez to chang the temp. it think it was over what i set it for by .1 so it is vary close

Logan, is that the one that has the element in the tank but the controller outside of the tank?
I'm not Logan, but yep. These have the controller outside on a 10' cord. I have the Ebo's myself but plan on getting at least one of the Pro II's for my new sump.

Phiberop said:
Also would it be safe to have a Keyhole angel and a lemon peel angel in the same FO?
I wouldn't suggest it. Two centropyge angels in this size tank would be asking for aggression. If a larger tank it would be a bit easier.

Cheers
Steve

Yes, the controller is on the plug in on the Won Pro Heats and Pro Heat II's. They have a remote titanium heating element and a remote temp sensor. The remote sensor is neat IMO because you can have the heater in the sump and the temp sensor in the main tank. The only drawback to these heaters is, since the control unit is on the plug in, they will take up two spaces on an average power strip.

Back
Top Bottom