help asap baby bangel cardnal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaherper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My BengalCardinal just spit out of baby I want to keep him what do I need to do

what can I feed it other than baby brine shrimp
like I said I have no experience with these but with my platy fry what i did was take the adult's regular flake food and just crushed it up super super small into almost a powder and just give him a bit. Or there's also this liquid fry food but I used the super crushed flake. I think it's just easier and more cost efficient since you probably already have the flake.

Have a look at this month Coral magazine.

They run a special on Bengal Cardinal fish and cover breeding.

I don't think isolating the baby would be a good idea as they are mouth brooders so they raise the young in their mouth. If you have stock that could eat the baby I'd more separate the cardinal in general if your worried. I know also once the baby gets to the right size the cardinal will be looking for a spiny urchin or anemone to release the baby's to safely

Well he has a mouth full and there is no catching him. I have the 1 fry in a birthing chamber. Guess ill see how it goes.

Congrats on getting your banggai cardinals to breed. I would also check out Coral mag. It's free digitally. (iPad etc)

Back
Top Bottom