Help, my Maroon Clowns starving!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronin33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just finished cycling my tank (90 Gallon, fish only). Put my first fish in (A 5 inch Maroon Clownfish) but can't get her to eat. The first day she was swimming around the walls of the tank. Since then she's just hides amongst the LR. I've tried frozen Mysis, and Brine shrimp. Any other recommendations? W her hiding it's difficult to get food near her to motivate her to eat. Don't want to fill my tank up w food that'll just get broken down into Ammonia. Retested my aquarium. pH 8.3, Temp 78 degrees, 0ppm Ammonia/nitrite and nitrate. Advice!!!

Did you just put it in today? Give it some time to adjust. With any new addition, they take a few days to get use to their surroundings and probably wont eat. Dont be too worried yet.

Just to be sure, too keep an eye out for any diseases. I would bet though, its jsut getting adjusted to it's new home.

Put it in Sunday afternoon. Working on 2.5 days. How long is the adjustment period? Heard the Maroons were aggressive. He seems a bit meek. Yeah, no evidence of disease at this time. Flake food? Thanks!!!

actually try the mysis shrimp or brine shrimp, usually that attracts more than flake...

Mysis shrimp always works most of the time, but don't get too nice to your fish hehehe make a mix of his food, not the same all the time, so that he doesn't get bored :)

Back
Top Bottom