Help! Sick Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadOrAlive

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,i currently have 2 common clowns in my 10g FOWLR tank. I just noticed that 1 of the clownfish has a swollen eye and i am guessing that its because of the salt i use. My LFS has already told me that the salt i'm currently using is not very good so i'm looking for a new brand. Do any of you guys have any recommendations? Also,may i know how do i cure my clownfish's swollen eye problem? Thanks,hope for quick replies!

Pop eye disease is usually caused by poor water quality. Give us some water test results and do some PWC`s to try to gey your water in pristine condition. This will cause the eye to go back down.

i'm using red sea salt but i find that it isn't very good. Most of my friends who also keep marine fishes who have used the salt told me that the salt has caused alot of problems in their tanks so i am thinking of changing the brand,can you guys give me some recommendations?

I use Oceanic. I like the results but really you`ll have everyone give you 15 different salts that they think are great. There is no perfect salt. They have their pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom