Help with fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckshot41

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi y'all I just put my fish in my tank, and all three of them are on the bottom and on one side is this normal? They are swimming but only at the bottom and left side of the tank! O ya sorry my tank is 110 gallon!! Thanks

Are they community fish what type of fish are they? If they are community fish their might not be enough of them so they might be stressed.

Considering that you just started posting questions about sand and building a sump 10 days ago, you're not cycled. You should go to the "getting started" forum group and read the sticky note threads.
Cycling the tank creates bacteria that consume the poisonous ammonia that fish poop (basically). Without cycling your tank any fish added will likely die. Adding more than 1 will increase the chance of death.
Acclimating a fish involves slowly adding tank water to the stores water in the bag so the fish aren't shocked to death when they get dumped into the tank.

Thanks y'all!! My tank is doing great! My buddy came by test my water and gave me some of his poopy water lol!! Fish are doing great swimming around now! Thanks

Hope your read those articles tho, loads of good info in there. Also, you can't cycle a tank with poopy water, beneficial bacteria doesn't live in the water it lives in sand and rocks. I I we're you I would get your own (liquid) test kit so you can monitor your parameters :)

Back
Top Bottom