Help with WhiteCheek Tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nuchuga

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Whaddup guys, im new here to the forum. Anyways, id be really happy if someone could help me out with this guy. I have 76g sand substrate aquarium and he loves to twirls around and dive. But in him doing this, hes sliding across the sand and scraping up his side! Not seriously but noticable. Is this normal behavior? Should i be worried? What can i do?! Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like your tang could have a mild case of cryptocaryon irritans (marine ich).

Do you see any white spots on its body? The swimming against the grain of the sand or rock is called 'flashing' and is due to irritation. Kind of like you or I itching when we have a rash.

A picture could help are you able to upload one?

Flashing can also be a stress thing. Tangs like that need larger than a 75g, so that could be the issue too.

Hi and welcome to the forum. It sounds like your tang could have a mild case of cryptocaryon irritans (marine ich). Do you see any white spots on its body? The swimming against the grain of the sand or rock is called 'flashing' and is due to irritation. Kind of like you or I itching when we have a rash. A picture could help are you able to upload one?
I have tried pics but it's tough to get them on my phone. I noticed 3 spots but I can't tell whether it's and or actual ich

Attachments

• image-3639758892.jpg
    image-3639758892.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image-767731709.jpg
    image-767731709.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3297839222.jpg
    image-3297839222.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-711862203.jpg
    image-711862203.jpg