Hippo tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's normal for them to get ICH and flash like you're describing. I recommend putting Garlic Extreme by Kent on their food if you see them flashing. If you see any white spots on the fish put it in the water itself too. It won't cure the ICH but it will boost the immune system of the fish. You can also treat it with hyposalinity or other medications. Good luck!

Tangs are prone to getting ICH. Keep your eyes open for any white spots as they can have it for a while before it starts to show. I've tried the other garlic supplements with little or no effect.

What should i do if i start to see spots? Is the garlic oil enough to help fight it off. Or is there other treatments to use

What should i do if i start to see spots? Is the garlic oil enough to help fight it off. Or is there other treatments to use
as stated prior, hyposaline conditions, i heard theres some copper treatments, a bunch of different medications tbh... All performed in a qt or hospital of course.

Before you jump to any conclusions, just know that hippo tangs can do some weird stuff. LOL

Mine slides in between the rocks, sideways and jams himself under neath rocks sometimes to sleep. He doesnt "flash" on the sand but does on the rocks from time to time. I've had mine for a couple years and he has never ever had any white spots on him, he is just weird. LOL

Keep an eye on him real close for a few more days, they are in fact ich magnets but thats always the answer with them, they are plain ole' weird fish lol

My yellow tang does the same and has for past 8 months I've had her. again I have no spots,

Makes sense. I also got algae sheets instead of the new era grazing food i have been using

I soak my fish food in garlic and vitamin c whenever i feed them which is ever other day. Any treatment needs to be done in a qt either hypo or copper nothing else works so don't waste your money. If you see ich on the fish remove it to a qt and treat it there if your not very experienced I wouldn't try hypo because you'll need a refractometer to do it accurately. If you need copper use cupramine its a better form of copper because it's not as harsh on the fish, you'll also need a copper test kit that measures either free or ionic copper. But only treat the fish if you need to, good luck

I just found some spots on her. It will take a few days to get a QT together i dosed the tank with the garlic extreme. Any suggestions on how long to give her till i need to get her out into a QT and go copper?

IMO add the garlic extreme to the tank per instructions on the bottle. After two days do a water change and start over while you set up a hospital tank. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom