Horseshoe crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi. I just went to my lfs today to buy a clown and along with a percula clown, I left with a free small horseshoe crab. The guy at my lfs said that they eat leftover food but I doubt it and want to make sure how to care for this animal correctly. Thanks.

I'm gonna go ahead and say not big enough lol. Right now it's the size of a quarter and I'm going to get a big tank soon, maybe 75g or bigger so the crab will be fine for at least 2-3 years, maybe longer

They run constantly and will knock over everything in the tank. But they are cool.

You will eventually have to trade it in.. bit I have one at 50 cent piece and it does just fine maybe a hit or miss.... I know once its larger it will have to go bit for now it's done.

Dear slither bomb just wondering how your horseshoe crab is doing we are dealing with the same he is acting very out of character and I am afraid he is going starve I hope yours is still alive but any advice would be greatly appreciated

I had one for about 7 months and it died. I will never get another one because frankly, they bumped over all my corals and I don't really feel they belong in a tank. I hand-fed mine (target fed him), but they will eat the scraps.

BE CAREFUL because they aren't the smartest creatures on the planet and will wedge themselves between live rock. I saved mine weekly from that, but after vacation I found mine wedged upside down and that's how the little guy died, imo.

Back
Top Bottom