hosting an anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djeclectic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I recently purchased an anenome for my 4 clarkii clown fish but they seem to ignore it. How should I get them to host it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110824_215939.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110824_215939.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 120
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. I'm giving them one week to host it. If not, ill give it away.

How big is your tank and long has it been running? It's looks pretty new. What kind of lighting do you have?
Anemones needs a mature, stable system and high powered lighting.

I would be more concerned with the 4 clowns in the same tank than if they will host it or not. Not all clowns will host a nem, some will host corals or even powerheads. lol

Also, like metioned above, the tank does seem new. Nems require an established tank, preferably over 9 months old, pristine water and super lighting......

There is no guarantee they will host any anenome. Those kind are very hard to get to host a clownfish. I agree with the tank being too new for an anenome.

ilostnemo said:
Not true they may or may not

You are right it is possible they will not, jut in my experience every clarkii I have had has hosted a sebae but nothing else. I guess I just have good luck lol

The anemome itself is actually doing well. It's colorful and very responsive. The only challenge I've having is getting the fish to host it. I'm gonna give it a week or so and then I'm gonna get rid of it. No need for it if they aren't gonna host it.

Back
Top Bottom