How do pods work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of fish are we talking about specificly. As long as your fish is heathly and does not have a sunken stomach than than hes eating something. Unless you see him eat one then no way of telling.

I've been worried about my two spot goby eating too. Just ordered some live pods cuz I am paranoid he will starve.

Do pods reproduce? What do they eat?

I am new to live food. I have refridgerated pods for my goby. I put a few drops in.

Twin spot goby??? Got a pic? If it is goby i an thinking they are sand sifters and eat fauna in sand. They are hard to keep. Try blood worms. I had a pair while back that didn't make it. I even went as far as shooting frozen food into sand bed where they sifted. I could be taking about a different fish then you have too. Pods will eat left over food. Detritus too, They are scavengers. They also eat phytoplankton and zooplankton.

Yea it's the one your thinking of. Really cool fish, I am afraid that between him and my sand sifting sea star I will not have much left in the sand bed to eat. I am hoping the pods I ordered help with that between a little.

Yup that is the one. Very hard to keep. Stomach looks little sunken. Need to try some live food maybe?? Live black worms or live brine?? Does your local fish store sell live food???

How long had your tank been setup? Might not have well established sandbed. Plus sand star is taking away from his food.

Back
Top Bottom