How do these lights look for a FO tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trying to decide on what lights to get for my 72G bowfront FO tank. I was looking at some PC retro kits and found this unit. It's cheaper than any retro kits I've found and is 260W. Seems to be pretty decent!?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2368625857&category=46314

I wasn't sure if something like this would light the entire tank because it's 18 deep in the center so I thought maybe I could hang this fixture 5 inches of so above the tank to spread the light out farther?

My other idea was going with a retro VHO setup but I have no idea how they look in comparrison to PC.

jamal, I am using these lights on my 140 reef tank soon to add another strip, but anyway they work very well. They do have some heat issues if placed under a canopy but otherwise a good product. They have legs that will extend the light over an open tank if you need them, purchased separately of course. It will be plenty of light for your aquarium in my opinion. :D

Yeah, I'd have to agree with bulldog12. That should look good on your tank. I don't think you will have any problem with the tank not being evenly lit. We're going to get pics of this tank...right? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom