How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjr0315

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I want to add more fish to my 75g reef tank. I currently have a brain coral, polyps, frogspawn, leather coral, feather duster, bubble coral, mushrooms, and a colt coral. I also have a green mandarin, six line wrasse, an flame angel, and a goby of some sort, with assorted shrimp and a clam. Can I add more fish and any suggestions? By the way, the durso standpipe has completely eliminated the gurgling noise in my tank! Great advice![/list]

A nice pair of tank raised true or false Percula Clowns would go nice in there or a firefish, Royal Gramma. Or even a small school of Chromis would be a cool addition. :)
You got a little more room, 2-3 smaller fish IMO, if you want to stay on the conservative side of stocking.
Or if you want a more aggresive fish, how about a Yellow or Purple Tang?

I have great luck with all kinds of corals but not so much with fish, other than the green mandarin. I've tried yellow tang twice without much success. I forgot to mention the beast - my green brittle starfish - who devours any sickly or slow moving fish he can get a hold of! Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about the chromis. Also how will the clowns do without an anemone? I don't have a chiller and have watched a few anemones die a slow death.

Clowns will be fine without an anemone, thats one reason I think he mentioned tanked raised.
I have 2 in my fowlr and the swim around all day and seem happy.

Back
Top Bottom