How many fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon with about 20 lbs of LR, cc substrate, established about 10 months ago.

Presently I have two false percs; a Firefish; 2 peppermint shrimp; a shunk cleaner shrimp and a handful of turbo snails (started with 12, but as some fell upside down, the shrimp learned to get them before I could :cry: )

I want to complete the tank and want to end with a flame angel. My question is how many other fish can/should I add? And, any suggestions from the group?

I'm thinking of adding scooter Blenny, or maybe a watchman goby next. Any thoughts?

Firefish or File fish? If it is a File fish, i hope it is a redtail seeing as the others need larger aquariums. But the flame angel would be a nice addition. also, do either the blenny or the goby, so the fish have enough swimming space. :snipersmile: :rocket:

clownfish said:
Presently I have two false percs; a Firefish; 2 peppermint shrimp; a shunk cleaner shrimp and a handful of turbo snails (started with 12, but as some fell upside down, the shrimp learned to get them before I could :cry: )

I want to complete the tank and want to end with a flame angel. My question is how many other fish can/should I add? And, any suggestions from the group?
With the fish you already have and the possible dwarf on the way, I would say the tank is "stocked" I would not really expect more fish in the tanks future. If the tank is to remain an FOWLR, then the angel should be fine. If you plan on moving to a reef tank later on, you should skip the angel. They are very prone to coral/clam nipping.

I'm thinking of adding scooter Blenny, or maybe a watchman goby next. Any thoughts?
I would not suggest the scooter as a possible addition no matter you choices above. It is part of the "dragonet" family of fish and can be equaly as challenging to feed. These poor little guys are often overlooked as the same type of fish and will often starve just the same once their natural food source of pods is eliminated. Many may tell you they will eat prepared foods and indeed some do but IME not enough to consider it a successful aquarium fish. Best left in the ocean IMO.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom