How much food to feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance75

Aquarium Advice Regular
I haves 215 gal tank with coral and about 15 fishes and clean up crew. I have been feeding them some frozen mysis shrimps cubes twice a day. How many cubes should I feed them each time?

I have 4 clowns, 1 blond nano tang, one regal tank, one yellow tang, one foxface, one wrasse, one flame hawkfish, 4 chromis, one puffer

Okay well then you should really be feeding nori, the tangs and foxface will eat it. I would also feed crustations for your puffer every once in a while

thanks. how many cubes of mysis should i feed them? I will get some nori and crustations as well.

Maybe 1 1/2 cubes of mysis and some nori every day, but its really up to you. If the food is gone in a few seconds then you should probably feed more... If it floats around a bit before getting eaten then you fed too much. I would be able to tell you how much to feed if i watched your fish eat, but i cant so you will have to experiment

how do you feed them with Nori. Do you chop it up since it comes in sheets. right now, I feed them 2 cubes of mysis once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Lance75 said:
how do you feed them with Nori. Do you chop it up since it comes in sheets. right now, I feed them 2 cubes of mysis once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

I use to rip about a 3 inch section when I feed sheets and use a clip that suctions to the tank. I tied some fishing line into the clip and used my algae scraper to push it down the glass to the middle of the tank because sometimes they don't like coming to the top for whatever goofy reason. Leave it in there for a few hours then make sure you remove it because it will easily separate and break off into the tank. It's not a huge deal if it does but I usually try to net out the excess because its added nutrients that decomposes.

Back
Top Bottom