how obsessed are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mermaid

Aquarium Advice Regular
this hobby, has turned my house into an ocean! I have a 150gal reef tank, a 55gal FOWLR tank, a 16gal seahorse tank, and a 20gal QT tank. I also have a 50gal FW tank. So as you can see I love this hobby, and taking care of all of my fishies! So I was just wondering is it just me, or do tanks somehow end up taking over your house too?

i haven't even finished setting up my 55gal, and already i'm making plans for the 30gal hex my friend is trying to get rid of! gotta love it... :mrgreen:

I started with 38 gal FO that I had up for 7 yrs. I wanted some thing different so now I have a 75 gal semi reef(frags mostly), a 29 gal crab tank/QT, a 20 gal sump and a 15 gal refugium.

I keep talking about replacing the 29 with a 55 but I don't need to ...

Yah tell me about it, I have a 70SW, 55SW, 40SW, 20SW, 46FW

But I just ran into a dude that builds sumps, lives in my neighboring town he has 150 tanks in his basement. So I feel better.

FO 150SW, Mini Reef 20, currently empty 55 (wont be empty long) Looking at a 180

I stare all day long at a tank with nothing but sand in it. I have been in this hobby less than a month (SW that is.) and I'm already nuts!

Well, I got my 210. Had a velvet outbreak and bought 2-10 gallons and a 40 gallon for qt. Now I am considering the 40 for a reef tank (since my big one is FO and inverts).
Also considering one of the 10s for a mini reef for the bedroom.
PS, don't tell my wife, she is ready to kill me over this stuff as it is. :wink:

65gal w/fish and some corals, 75gal FOWLR, and a 29gal QT. And dreaming of a 225gal coral and invert acrylic tank in my basement :D

Rich

I have been in the dog house over my obsession too. Ive been in this about 7 weeks, and have a 75sw, 20sw, 10sw, bowl. Already talking about 120g sw. I dont know if I can handle that though. :wink:

awesome ya'll! I feel so much better! I swear the people at the local fish store look at my husband and I like we are crazy, cause we are in there almost everyday. Which is propably how we developed such a fish craze, in the first place. not to mention the fact that it is just down the street from us, so its super convenient. well good luck to all of your endevors with this hobby! i love aquariumadvice!!!
Mermaid

Back
Top Bottom